Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Instructions for Valentine's Day Sachets

I'm sorry that I do not have a photo of my Valentine Sachets, I've given them all away. I made about 15 of them over the past three weeks. I used some pretty Polyester Brocades that I picked up for $9.99 a yard to make them. The basic instuctions are: fold the fabric in half, cut out a heart that is about 6-10 inches high. Then sew the heart 6/8 of the way around with the sewing machine. You will need to make a cut in the fabric up to the stitch line on the indent of the heart. Turn the fabric around. Mix up a few cups of cheap uncooked rice with your favorite perfume - you need to use quite a bit of perfume. Fill the sachet - I used a chinese soup spoon for this job. Then hand sew the opening in the heart. Everyone who I've given one just LOVES them.

No comments: