Monday, February 20, 2006

Cubist Stained Glass


How to do a really perfect flat wash is still eluding me. It is too bad I missed class on Feb. 11 to go to a family Bat Mitzvah...not really too bad, the event was great. This rendition is still not good enough. It is interesting - I'll probably make some gretting cards out of it. But it is not good enough to complete the stained glass homework. I must say that I used up some cheapie paints on this practice and they are really not as good as the Windsor Newton Professional Watercolors. The Lowe Cornell paint is terrible, inconsistant and grainy. Don't buy it. Cotman paint is better but still doesn't work well for this project. I need to perfect this project and use all good paint. I think the cubist aproach is easier than the curved versions, but I LIKE the curved versions better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Bat Mitzvah Camera